Pages

Sunday 5 September 2010

Suhani's a one-day batswoman

who has just made her debut in Kollywood with Irandu Mugam, seems to have got her priorities right in life.
 While many an actress would be glad to forgo studies for the limelight, this actress plans to have the best of both the worlds. The actress, who has just completed her bachelor's degree in commerce with flying colours, has now got admission to two programmes in business management. And, she plans to take up both! "One will be a proper MBA degree from an institution in Tamil Nadu while the other will be a diploma from a prestigious institution in Pune," she discloses with pride.

But how will she manage work with studies? Replies Suhani, "Well, work doesn't happen all through the year. I just work in one or two movies and they don't take much time. They have a schedule of 10 to 15 days and you have a working schedule of one month maximum. Moreover, I'm like a one-day batswoman when it comes to studies. Give me one month and I can score really good marks. In fact, I've scored 84 per cent in my bachelors. So, I can easily manage one month of work in an academic year."

It's evident Suhani is doing well on the education front. And it seems like she's doing even better in her film career, if one is to go by the reaction to her work in her debut film Irandu Mugam, which features Karan and Sathyaraj. "I play the role of Pavithra and I'm paired opposite Karan in the film. Pavithra has a very strong perspective about life. She is the childhood love of the hero and a part of the movie deals with how the hero fights to get her back," she explains.

Suhani has been a part of the Telugu film industry for quite a while now and is already a recipient of the Andhra Pradesh government's Nandi Award. Now that she has had the opportunity to be a part of two Tamil films, ask her to compare both the film industries and she says, "Well, most Telugu movies are for the masses. On the other hand, I find quite a number of Tamil films realistic in nature. I would say the Tamil film industry is much more professional than the Telugu film industry."

Finally, ask her about her next move and she says, "I'm getting a lot of offers now. However, I'm looking for the right script as I want to do quality cinema. I'm waiting for the release of my other Tamil film Appavi, which is bound to happen this month. I'll make my next move then," she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment