Pages

Thursday, 11 November 2010

Raja adamant, says won't step down, ready for probe

At the centre of a heated controversy and a Rs 1.7 lakh crore scam, Telecom minister A Raja has said that there is no question of him resigning. Over the last week, ever since the Congress sacked Ashok Chavan and Suresh Kalmadi, pressure has been mounting on the party to remove Raja.

Reacting to AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa's open offer for support to the UPA, Raja said, "she is trying to save her own skin, she is facing corruption charges herself. She has no moral right to offer support to the UPA."
"I haven't gone through the CAG report yet. I am ready for an inquiry... I only followed the rules and the telecom policy fixed by the Cabinet in 1999," he said defending his role in the 2G spectrum scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment